Sunday, June 7, 2015

Do NOT Move Out of the Way









http://seanchaidh101.tumblr.com/post/120772534048/onethingconstant-songbirde108


Moral of the story:  wear comfortable shoes, square your shoulders, and walk live you've been sent to kill Captain America. 

I saw this post a while ago and it really connected with me. Connected with how we are trying to raise our daughter. 

Because we are raising our daughter to NOT step out of the way. Of anyone or anything. Teaching her to be badass. 

A comment I saw from a young woman who "walks like The Winter Soldier," especially caught my attention. That is how my daughter will walk. And fight. 

This is what she thinks of you, person who may potentially put her down. 

1 comment:

  1. I may have to try that sometime. Except I know people around here will still bump into me (they seriously think they own the world) so I'd have to try it someplace where the thought of even being grazed by the present company isn't quite as revolting.

    ReplyDelete